Monday, January 21, 2013

Student Council President

      As most of you know this is my 5th grade year. My school's new counselor decided to have an election for student council. I knew I wanted to be president but I didn't want to admit it, I had thoughts about being embarrassed if I lost, but what if I won. I took it upon myself to fill out the form and hand it in. When I let go of the form I thought that this is it, here we go, this will effect my 5th grade year for better or for worse. I waited and waited and I prayed and prayed. Then all the people that where running had to go to a lunch meeting, I walked in and sat at the president section and counted all the people, 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...11. 11 people running against me.
     During that lunch meeting we had to make one flyer for the primary vote to narrow the people so that 3 people were running for each position. Okay, I can do that, and I did. The day rolled around and my counselor announced who won the primary vote. me and two others. When she said my name I wasn't really listening to the other winners I was just thanking God. When we where done I thought of all the things I will have to do.
1. make 4 posters in one night
2. write a speech
3. make two guest appearances on the school news and make another one if I win
4. have to deal with the pressure and anxiety of waiting till she announced the winners
 I made the speech said it on our school's news and made the posters.
Then it was time to vote. This is it I filled out my form and at the end of the day she told the primary winners who won but we weren't allowed to tell anyone outside of your family.
     I won. I made it. It was worth it. I love it.
lots of people know me now, but I am just happy to help my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment